6 pages essay
Final: Critical Analysis
For this assignment, you are required to write a critical analysis of your personal experiences with sociology. You can choose to focus on anything you would like (i.e. racial identity, socialization, ethnicity, experiences in education, stratification, etc.). There is no right or wrong answer for this assignment. The main objective is for you to examine how sociology has impacted your life. If you do not include and cite the course material, your grade will be reduced.
In completing the assignment, please address the following questions:
- How would you characterize yourself? This could be your racial/ethnic identity, your social class background, your gender, your sexuality, etc. Has your identity changed overtime and if so, how?
- How do your identities compare or contrast with your family membersâ€™ identities? Has this difference ever caused a conflict?
- How has stratification played out in your life? (Ex: education, labor market, family, religion, etc.)
- How has socialization influenced your life? How has socialization contributed to your cultural beliefs?
- What has sociology taught you about your life experiences? Has sociology changed your perspective on the world? Has sociology changed your perspective on your career?
- 6 pages, double spaced (NOT including references)
- 1â€ margins
- Times New Roman font
- Incorporate all relevant course material (videos, lecture, readings, etc.)
- You should use your personal opinion but also include the course material
- Citations need to be in ASA or APA format