Web Vulnerabilities Module Assignment
- Give examples of active content on the web.
- While we tend to think of technology vulnerabilities, users can make mistakes on the web too. What is this known as, and give an example.
- Cookies are important to the correct functioning of the web, but also introduce some privacy concerns. Give an example.
- How does cross site scripting work?
- There are two primary types of XSS attack: persistent and non-persistent. How do they differ?
- What are the fundamental security differences between Java applets and ActiveX components?
- What is clickjacking?
In an essay form, develop an example of an XSS vulnerability and an exploit which displays it. You will be expected to include a snippet of code which illustrates an XSS vulnerability and also provides some general discussion of XSS vulnerabilities.
Your response should include:
- APA formatting: cover page, references page, 12-point Times New Roman, and double spacing
- Include a cover page formatted to APA specifications
- Include a references page and at least two references beyond the course textbook
- Length: one to two pages (double-spaced)