You will perform an environmental scan for your target company.
Choose an organization according to the following:
- Current employer
- Most recent or former employer
- Place of business that you have patronized or have been familiar with over a long period of time.
- Avoid choosing an organization that is so large that historical data would be difficult to apply. Firms in the Russell 2000Â® index may fit well, whereas firms in the Dow 30 Industrial index probably do not.
- The organization can be a start-up that you or a significant other may create in the future. For a start-up, focus on an entrepreneurial idea that is of substantive interest, so this project leaves you with a product you may leverage in the future.
Write a 1,050-word minimum environmental analysis in which you include the following:
- Determine how to create value and sustain competitive advantage using the environmental scanning strategy.
- Evaluate the company’s external environment.
- Assess the company’s general environment.
- Evaluate the organization’s industry operating environment. Don’t forget a conclusion.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
Use text and at least 2 business journal article as citation and reference. Web sources, other than business journal article sites, do not count towards the reference requirement. A company website may be used, but does not count toward the reference requirement. Provide APA formatted references for any sources paraphrased or quoted.