***EXAMPLE PAPER ATTACHED!***
Review â€œFrom Peruâ€ and â€œCase Study: Jacobâ€ to inform this assignment.
From Peru: Read the excerpt â€œFrom Peruâ€ excerpt, located on the Common Core State Standards website, to inform this topicâ€™s assignment. http://www.corestandards.org/assets/Appendix_B.pdf (I found in under the 4/5th Text Exemplars on p. 72 of the Common Core Appendix B.)
Case Study: Jacob: Read â€œCase Study: Jacobâ€ to inform this topicâ€™s assignment .ELM-305_T6.CaseScenario.docx
Part 1: Vocabulary Game
Create a small group vocabulary game aligned to research-based strategies that meets the needs of Jacob. Use and incorporate a minimum of 10 vocabulary words from the â€œFrom Peruâ€ excerpt within your game.
In 250-500 words, identify and summarize the following aspects of the game:
- â€œFrom Peruâ€ vocabulary words with kid-friendly definitions.
- Rules, to include the roles of both teacher and students.
- Materials (include visuals if appropriate).
- How to expand the game to include higher level thinking.
- Modifications for ELL or special education students.
In addition, rationalize how the design of the vocabulary game implemented research-based strategies to support Jacobâ€™s vocabulary development. How does your vocabulary game engage Jacob in learning?
Part 2: At-Home Activities
Choose a piece of literature appropriate to Jacobâ€™s interests. Utilizing that choice, identify and summarize three at-home activities to help support Jacobâ€™s vocabulary development.
Design a visual for Jacobâ€™s family that:
- Summarizes each at-home activity.
- Identifies the roles of both the family and Jacob.
- Identifies how the activity supports Jacobâ€™s vocabulary development.
Submit your vocabulary game and at-home activities as one deliverable.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected