Post should be in your own words.
No outside research except content that is in the Module Week 14 and the text.
Show understanding of the reading for Week 14 and my content comments as you write your posts.
Do not repeat the questions
No more than 2 direct quotes per post.
See grading rubric in right hand corner drop down gear menu.
Do not make a list. Write in paragraph form.
Display understanding and in depth analysis.
No direct quotations longer than 1.5 sentences.
JFK is considered our first “television” president.
1) How did the medium of television impact politics in the 1960’s?
You must display knowledge of Module 14 by giving specific examples on the 1960’s from the text and module.
2) Do you think TV impacts politics today in the same way (s) or do other media have more impact politics now in your opinion?
You can focus on one thing, topic or many. Make sure you use specific examples from the Module 14, text or content comments in your post. Make sure you spend more time on #1
Watergate and Nixon
Answer both Part I and Part II.
Choice A. Part I.Watch
Video on Watergate, a 59-minute video on the Nixon Libraryâ€™s Watergate exhibit
1) Describe one topic discussed in the interview. Be thorough and show depth of treatment
2) Why was developing an exhibit on Watergate a â€œchallengeâ€ according to Naftali?
3) According to Naftali what was the significance, lasting impact or the legacy of Watergate?
Use specifics to back your generalizations. Be thorough.
Use different examples for each response to the questions in the assignment.
Show me you watched the entire video.
Number your points to reflect the question you are answering.Do not repeat the questions.
Choice A Part II (answer both Part I and Part II)
Choose one of the three videos:
YouTube video August 8, 1974 â€œAddress to the Nation about Announcement to resignâ€
YouTube video August 9, 1974 â€œRemarks on Departure from the White House â€œ
Life Portrait of Richard Nixon
This 3rd choice, Life Portrait, is a 3 hour video.You can watch any 20-minute portion of this video on his Presidency.Skip the sections (do not use) parts of the video discussing Nixonâ€™s birthplace, youth and time before he was President of the United States.
1)a) Pick a video clip and watch it. (Give the URL, title of the video, date of the video or circumstances of it)
b) Describe the key points for the video discussion, event or speech. Be thorough
2) From the video, what new perspectives and information did you learn about Nixonâ€™s presidency, Nixonâ€™s character, and Watergate that were not covered in the text?
Be thorough by offering illustrations and examples from the video
Be complete. number each question answered.
- Write using essay format (no bullets or lists) Do not repeat the questions.
- Do not cite URLs throughout. (only full web citation needed is for question 1a
- Use different illustrations for each response.
- No long direct quote rule. (no direct quotes over 1 sentence)
- Only place your name on your paper and double-space using size 12 font. (use New Times Roman, Cambria, or Calibri)
- No excessive margins.
- Try the links before the weekend.If they are â€œdownâ€ I can give an alternate website.Remember to place all writing in your own words.If you wish to use the words from an interview, video, or website you must place those words in quotation marks.Show where you got the quote in the body of the paper. There is no need to cite the URL.So if you are discussing Naftali (Watergate exhibit 59 minute video) and quote him it will be obvious where you got the quote.
- Must be uploaded as a file as PDF, doc, docx, or rtf.
Paper should be 1300 word maximum; 950 minimum word count. Minimum means minimum for a passing grade. Put word count at the end of your submission.