Nations around the world used propaganda posters to encourage citizens to support and participate in the war effort. The United States was no different. The U.S. government created many types of propaganda posters to encourage citizens to purchase war bonds, to join in the conservation efforts, and to encourage women to fill the jobs left open because the men went off to war.
For this assignment, select TWO posters to compare and contrast. In three to five paragraphs, answer the following questions:
- What message is the poster trying to get across?
- Who is the audience?
- Is the poster supporting the Allied or the Axis Powers?
- How can you make this determination?
Be sure to include the poster images or link to the images. Do not speak about one poster and then discuss the other. Rather, discuss them both concurrently (at the same time).
- Be sure to use facts and examples to illustrate the points that you are making.
- Use information from the online content as well as outside sources. Make sure that you compare and contrast the messages and intended audiences of the two posters you have selected.
Document your sources.